In the wake of increasing Covid-19 infections in Europe and some Asian countries, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MK Stalin convened an expert committee meeting at the Chennai Secretariat to review the situation.
The meeting was attended by top government officials and health experts.
What Transpired In The Meeting?
- Sources reported that the Covid situation in Tamil Nadu was discussed with health experts.
- In the meeting, it was reportedly reported that CM Stalin instructed officials to intensify the vaccination drive and vaccinate those who are yet to get vaccinated.
- Besides, the state identified all those who have taken the first dose and also those who have received their second dose.
- Other than that, the expert body will recommend to the CM if any restrictions need to be imposed in the state.
- As of now, the state has lifted all COVID-induced restrictions – except for the cap on the number of people who can attend weddings and funerals.
TN to Hold Mega Vaccination Camps
The Tamil Nadu government has announced that it will hold mega vaccination camps on Saturdays in all districts to give the anti-coronavirus vaccine to those who are yet to take the first, second, and precautionary doses. It is estimated that 50 lakh people who haven’t taken their first dose and 1.32 crore people who haven’t taken the second dose of Covid-19 vaccine will be identified and vaccinated.
In order to minimize the risk of contracting a disease, the government has ordered special focus on senior citizens who have not taken their first or second vaccine doses. In addition, the test-track-treat-vaccination protocol will continue to be implemented.