Sriharikota (P2P News service) July 13
Based on the provided information, here are the key details about the upcoming Chandrayaan-3 mission:
- Mission Objective: The Chandrayaan-3 mission is aimed at achieving a soft landing on the surface of the moon, similar to the previous Chandrayaan-2 mission.
- Launch Countdown: The 25.30-hour countdown for the Chandrayaan-3 mission began on Thursday. The launch is scheduled for Friday, July 14, at 14:35 hours.
- Launch Vehicle: The Chandrayaan-3 mission will be launched using the LVM3-M4 rocket, also known as the GSLVMkIII. It is a heavy-lift launch vehicle capable of carrying a significant payload.
- Components: The mission consists of an indigenous propulsion module, lander module, and a rover. These components will be used to demonstrate new technologies required for interplanetary missions and study the lunar surface.
- Landing and Roving: The primary objectives of the mission include a soft landing on the moon’s surface and deploying a rover to study the lunar terrain. The spacecraft is planned to land on the moon’s surface in late August.
- Significance: A successful Chandrayaan-3 mission would make India the fourth nation to achieve a soft landing on the moon, following the United States, China, and the former Soviet Union. It is anticipated to be a significant milestone for the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
- Launch Site: The launch will take place at the spaceport in Sriharikota, India, which is ISRO’s primary launch site.
- Future Missions: The Chandrayaan-3 mission is expected to support future interplanetary missions by demonstrating advanced capabilities and technologies required for space exploration