Chandigarh, April 30
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Punjab has asked Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh ten questions on Behbal Kalan-Kotkapura firing incidents and stated that Punjabis settled all over the world and Nanak Naam Sangat were eager to hear the answers to the obvious questions from Captain Amarinder; because in 2017, Captain had taken the oath of Sri Gutka Sahib and promised the people of Punjab that the culprits of desecration to Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji and Behbal Kalan-Kotkapura firing incidents would be put behind bars immediately. In a statement issued from the party headquarters here on Friday, AAP’s senior leader and MLA Kultar Singh Sandhwan asked Captain Amarinder Singh, ten questions and demanded accountability.
1. Will Captain Amarinder Singh accept the Guru as a bystander and confess in front of all Punjabis and Nanak Naam Sangat that due to which compulsion, weakness or bargaining, he did not punish the culprits and do justice to the Sangat in 4 years as a Home Minister and Chief Minister. At the same time, Sandhwan said that although the people had understood the whole truth but they wanted to hear the truth from the mouth of the Chief Minister that why the result has been zero so far despite forming commission after commission and SIT after SIT.
2. At Behbal Kalan and Kotkapura, on whose orders firing was done on the sangat protesting against the desecration of Sri Guru Granth Sahib and peacefully chanting for action?
3. Doesn’t the Guru’s Sangat have a constitutional right to peacefully protest against the desecration of Guru and seek justice?
4. If Sukhbir Singh Badal, the then Home Minister or Deputy Chief Minister, ran away from clarifying on whose orders 182 police officers reached Kotkapura overnight in October 2015, will Captain Amarinder Singh, the present Home Minister and the Chief Minister, following the footsteps of the Badals, won’t make this clear?
5. The then Badal government did not treat the injured and did not cut the MLRs and bring them on record. Will Captain tell us what concrete steps he has taken for the victims who are wandering for treatment and justice?
6. The police who opened fire during the Badals rule were declared as unidentified police. If Captain has not been able to identify the unidentified policeman in 4 years, is Captain fit to sit in the Chief Minister’s chair? Sandhwan said that Captain Amarinder should step down immediately for such stupidity.
7. The police personnel who have been shown by the police for firing shots, are clearly denying in their statements, then who fired at the sangat?
8. Why was the CCTV footage of the occasion deleted? Why were the videos and photos of the photographers called by the police deleted? Why has the matter not been thoroughly investigated?
9. Apart from Kunwar Vijay Pratap Singh, why did the rest of the Captain’s officers who were members of the SIT not oppose the allegations made by the petitioner in the Hon’ble High Court? When they did not protest, why didn’t the government take notice and rectify the mistake. Isn’t the help given to the petitioner in this manner by the members of the SIT made by Captain, itself is an open match fixing?
10. Punjab Police stated that the reason for lifting the protesting sangat was that normal traffic was being affected in Kotkapura. Is the reason justified? Our farmers had also been protesting on the highway for months. In this sense, then the Punjab police will shoot at the protesters anywhere?