Chandigarh, April 28:
Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT Chandigarh, Sh. VP Singh Badnore today presided over War Room meeting. The meeting was attended by Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser to the Administrator and Sh. Arun Kumar Gupta, Principal Secretary Home at Punjab Raj Bhawan. Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner, UT, Sh. Kuldeep Singh Chahal, Senior Superintendent of Police & Deputy Commissioners of Mohali & Panchkula, Director, PGIMER, Director Principal, GMCH & Director Health Services, GMSH-16 attended through Video Conferencing.
WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
1. Dr. Jagat Ram, Director PGIMER stated that their ICU beds are full. He also mentioned that they have 297 covid cases in Nehru Extension Block, out of which 87 belong to Chandigarh, 95 to Punjab, 44 to Haryana, 30 to Himachal Pradesh, 14 to Uttar Pradesh, 05 to New Delhi, 03 to Bihar & 19 from other states. The Director further mentioned that they have adequate oxygen supply with them and that Government of India has promised to provide 150 oxygen concentrators to PGIMER. He also mentioned that they have tested 5,394 covid samples, out of which 1,380 were found positive. Thus, the positivity rate was 25.5%.
Dr. Jasbinder Kaur, Director Principal, GMCH-32 stated that they have tested 3,284 covid samples, out of which 496 were found positive. Thus, the positivity rate was 15.5%. She mentioned that they have 282 covid patients and that they have made 1055 calls to the patients under home isolation. She also mentioned that the vaccine wastage was only 0.7%.
Dr. Amandeep Kang, Director Health Services stated that they have tested 4,002 covid samples, out of which 837 were found positive. Thus, the positivity rate was 19.9%. She also mentioned that the number of tests have been increased from 3,000 to 4,000 per day. 80% of the tests were of RT-PCR. She further mentioned that they have operationalised 14 mobile testing teams and has already given 1.85 lakhs of vaccine doses. The wastage of vaccine is reasonably low at 1%.
2. Deputy Commissioner, Panchkula stated that they have 2,667 active cases, Deputy Commissioner, Mohali stated that they have 8,235 active cases and Deputy Commissioner, UT, Chandigarh stated that they have 5,980 active cases.
3. Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT, Chandigarh expressed serious concern about the increasing number of corona cases in the city. He directed the hospital authorities to enhance ICU beds. He suggested that non-critical patients or mild/moderate cases, where patients can be shifted to Covid Care Centres or could receive medication at home could be accordingly discharged. All beds should be kept in reserve for severe and critical cases only.
4. Hon’ble Administrator directed police authorities to provide adequate protection to the doctors and other health staff in various hospitals, since many of them are facing anger and misbehaviour from agitated attendants of the covid patients.
5. Hon’ble Administrator directed Health Department to set up a control room in Health Department which will keep track of oxygen availability and other needs of various hospitals and will take remedial steps quickly, as ordered by higher authorities.
6. It was decided to appoint Sh. Uma Shankar Gupta, PCS as a Nodal Officer on behalf of Chandigarh Administration to liaise with the army authorities for setting up of 100 bedded hospital in International Youth Hostel of Panjab University.
7. Keeping in view the increasing number of corona cases, the Hon’ble Administrator decided to impose corona curfew from 06:00 PM to 05:00 AM every day. All shops, malls, multiplexes etc. will close by 05:00 PM every day with home delivery allowed upto 09:00 PM. All non-essential activities will be banned during the night curfew. This will come into effect on 29th April, 2021 and will be in force till further orders.
8. All Educational Institutions, School, Colleges, Coaching Institutions, Libraries etc. will remain closed till 15/05/2021.